The Giving Circle 2021
Greetings to the parishes of St. Anthony, St. Elizabeth, St. James,
Our Lady of Holy Rosary, to the Knights of Columbus Councils, and to
the St. Vincent de Paul Council of Kenosha County!
Last year with your help the Giving Circle touched the lives of 224 families! We are hoping to be just as successful this year and can’t do it without all of you. The emotional and spiritual impact on these families, and on all who participate in this program, reflects the true meaning of Christmas.
Our families in need are referred to us by school counselors, church pastors, and other aid organizations. We provide gifts for the children in these families who are 18 years and younger. For the adults we give gift cards. In addition, each family member will receive a hat, scarf, mittens or gloves, and socks. The family also receives towels, a blanket and/or a board game, laundry detergent and personal hygiene products.
Because the pandemic affected so many families financially last year, we assume the need continues to be as great this year. We are asking you to do as much as you are able: buy gifts, purchase SCRIP cards, send monetary donations and help with shopping in Bell Hall (St. Mary’s) wrapping gifts, delivering gifts to cars.
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN HELP
SHOP ONLINE USING OUR GIFT REGISTRIES
Use these three online gift registries to purchase items. Your order will be sent directly to St Mary Parish Rectory.
- WALMART – Go to Walmart.com > Services> Registry > Registries > Events > Kenosha Giving Circle- Wisconsin Kenosha Giving Circle 2021. Click on it and start shopping.
- TARGET – Go to target.com > go to bottom of the page > registry > Find a registry> search for organization > type in Kenosha Giving Circle >> Search > View Registry.
- BED, BATH & BEYOND – Go to bedbathandbeyond.com > in pulldown menu choose registry > in box type Kenosha Giving Circle >Click search >Make sure to choose December 12, 2021 registry > view registry.
DONATE SCRIP OR GIFT CARDS
SCRIP cards will be used as gift cards for the adults in the families. Most needed cards are WalMart, Pick ‘N Save, Piggly Wiggly, and Target. You may order as usual through your Parish if they have a SCRIP program and follow the special delivery arrangements made through your Parish. If you do not have a SCRIP program regular gift cards are fine or you may purchase at St Mary on Friday morning in the rectory at 7307 -40 Ave Kenosha, WI 53142 262-694-2018 from 8:30 to 12 Or you can drop off your gift cards at St. Mary Parish Rectory during office hours M-F 8:30-3 and F 8:30-12.
You will be given a family with ages of children, gift suggestions, and guidelines for purchases. You will then bring the wrapped purchases to Bell Hall at a preset time. Contact Kathy Holtz 262-694-2051 if you would like participate in Adopt-a-Family. This was a very popular and rewarding program last year so we would like to encourage families to take advantage of this way to be generous to a family in need at Christmas. This year you will have the option of having the family pick up their gifts from St. Mary Parish or you may deliver them yourselves. Family names will be available Dec. 2nd.
DONATE GIFTS (all donations must be new and unwrapped)
- Younger children–Legos, Matchbox cars, Slime Kits, Puzzles, Building toys, Dinosaurs, Barbies, Baby Dolls, Paw Patrol items, Duplos, Sesame Street, books, especially interactive ones, action figures, Disney products, warm clothes, sweatshirts, pajamas, snow pants, boots, winter coats.
- Older children – headphones, ear buds, hoodies – zipper or pullover, make up, nail polish, art kits, Packers/Bears, Brewers/ Cubs, Bucks shirts, sweatpants, Bluetooth speakers, Fortnite, puzzles, , remote-control vehicles, blankets, electronics, warm clothes that are trendy.
- Hats, scarves, mittens/gloves, and socks – all sizes are needed. Each person (adults and children) receives a set of these winter clothing accessories.
- Family Gift – we would like to give each family 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 2 wash cloths, a blanket and/or board game and a bottle of detergent. SO, we will need a lot of these items.
“SHOPPING DAYS” IN BELL HALL at St. Mary Parish– THIS IS ONE OF OUR MOST NEEDED AREAS FOR HELP!
During “Shopping Days” you will be selecting gifts for an assigned family from the donations assembled in Bell Hall. To keep the number of people in Bell Hall at a minimum, we would like you to sign up for a one-hour time slot on any of these dates: Dec. 14, 15, 16, 17, 18. Sign-up will be available on the St. Mary Parish web site, stmarycatholic.org , or contact Kathy Holtz at 262-694-2051 to make arrangements. If you find you have time to help at one of the shopping times, please stop down in Bell Hall without preregistering.
GIFT DROP OFF – Bring UNWRAPPED gifts to the St. Mary Rectory by Thursday, December 16.
Rectory hours are M-Th 8:30-3 and F 8:30-12. In addition, you may deliver your donations to St. Mary Bell Hall on December 11 (3 to 5:30) and Dec 12 (9-12).
GIFT DELIVERY/DRIVE-THRU PICK-UP
The plan is to have a family member pick up the wrapped gifts at St. Mary on Sunday, December 19 in a drive-thru fashion. If they are unable to pick up their gifts, we are asking the counselors to pick them up in Bell Hall on Monday, December 20. There may be a few families who will need their gifts delivered and we will do that as a porch drop off with social distancing. We may need a couple of volunteers for delivering these.
The Giving Circle Program is dedicated to help those who are struggling to provide for their families. We try our best to give support to those who are not eligible for assistance from any other organization. Please know that 100% of what you give to the Giving Circle Program goes DIRECTLY to someone in need. Please continue to support this wonderful program in any way you are able, big or small, every bit helps.
God’s blessings on each of you. Thank you!
Please contact St. Mary parishioners Kathy Holtz or Deacon Wilson Shierk if you have any questions.
Kathy, kenoshagivingcircle.com , 262-694-2051 ### Deacon Wilson, 262-914-0757FOLLOW KENOSHA GIVING CIRCLE ON FACEBOOK FOR UPDATES