Check out our cemeteries below. Also, here are some guidelines you'll want to be aware of when making arrangements with the Parish Office.
St. George Cemetery Rules & Regulations
Non-Growing Season: November 1st to March 15th
- Only 1 wreath-type decoration or artificial flowers will be permitted.
- All other decorations will be removed.
Growing Season: April 1st to November 1st
- Shepherd’s hooks cannot exceed 48 inches in height and must be placed on the East side.
- Only one shepherd’s hook is allowed per grave.
- No grave blankets
- No statues, glass or bottles
- No rocks or gravel mulch
- No artificial flowers, lawn decorations or wreaths
- No bricks or concrete
- No bushes, shrubs or tress of any kind are allowed to be planted
- Black plastic edging is allowed
- Flowers are allowed to be planted o only on the East side of the headstone o no more than 12 inches from the headstone. All violations will be removed. This includes oversized shepherd’s hooks, statues, toys, beer bottles, solar lights, etc.
Please note: The management reserves the right, at any time and without notice to remove any object whatsoever.
RULES GOVERNING MONUMENTS, HEADSTONES OR GRAVE MARKERS
Monuments must not cover more than four percent (4%) of the lot and designs must be approved by the management of the cemetery. No monuments will be permitted nearer than 2 ½ feet from any lot line.
All SINGLE headstones or grave markers shall not exceed *18 inches in height. The length of markers can be 30 inches for a single burial plot. Headstone cannot exceed 12 inches in width. ALL SINGLE HEADSTONES MUST BE MADE IN ONE PIECE WITHOUT A BASE.
All DOUBLE headstones or grave markers shall not exceed *18 inches in height. The length of markers can be 48 inches and cannot exceed 12 inches in width. All double markers shall not be less than 36 inches in length on a two grave lot. ALL DOUBLE HEADSTONES MADE WITH A BASE MUST HAVE THE BASE HEIGHT INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL HEIGHT LIMIT.
Any headstone greater than 48 inches in length requires a minimum of 3 plots purchased in a row.
All monuments or markers must be dressed true and level to allow every part of the bottom to be in contact with the foundation, and must be built of granite. After selecting any stone, lot owners should not complete their purchase until they ascertain whether the Cemetery rules will permit its being erected. To avoid loss or confusion, dealers are urged to send a sketch of the proposed monuments or markers for approval. All monuments, headstones, or markers must be accepted before setting by the Management of the Cemetery.
All foundations shall be built by the Management of the Cemetery. The use of any type of artificial coloring is strictly prohibited. All rules will be strictly adhered to. A sketch of structure to be erected, showing style and size of all pieces, must be placed on back of order for foundation.
ALL Monuments or Markers must be made of Granite.
*Section Height Limits
10 inch height limit – Baby Section
16 inch height limit – Section 1, 1A, 1B, 2, & 3
18 inch height limit – Section 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10
St. Casimir Cemetery
Located on 47th Ave, Somers, WI 53171
St. George Cemetery
2901 Sheridan Rd, Kenosha, WI 53140
St. James Cemetery
7002 7th Ave, Kenosha, WI 53143
St. Mark Cemetery
9th Ct & 78th St, South Kenosha, WI 53143